2013/06/05

Other Patients' Parents Hailed My Daughter's Pediatrician

It's the scheduled visit of my daughter to her pediatrician so we went there early. When we went inside the outer clinic, my daughter ran to the big box full of toys. She was having so much fun that I didn't have the heart to tell her not to get the toys out of the box. I just reminded her to be careful of the toys. Then I got an old copy of a famous magazine. I was so fascinated by the pictures that I was shocked out of my reverie when I heard the shout of my daughter. She shouted, "Daddy!" I smiled broadly as she threw herself to the arms of her father. Then she excitedly told her father about all the toys in the big box. Then my husband sat beside and inquired about the magazine in my hands. I told him I was looking at vintage engagement rings for sale in the magazine.

He wanted to know what designs I like. I just told him that I like most of the jewelry. My husband wanted me to be specific to the ones I like. So I told my husband that I preferred five pieces of jewelry. He burst out laughing, which made many people looked at us. I then informed my husband that I only want to look at them but I don't want to own the jewelry. My husband nodded because he knew that I meant what I said. He also knew how thrifty I am.

I then heard the secretary of Dr. Catherine Smith, my daugther's pedia, called my daughter's name. She got a thermometer and put it under my daughter's armpit. She also told my daughter to step on the weighing scale. She then compared the results with the previous month's results. She then remarked that there's a marked difference in my daughter's weight. The secretary then inquired about the vitamins and milk of my daughter. I informed her that my daughter is taking vitamins and milk that Dr. Catherine has prescribed. The secretary informed us that she noticed that there's a lot of improvement in the children she saw in the last week.

The parents who heard our conversation also joined in our exchange. They said that they like Dr. Catherine because their children's health has imporved. One parent told us that her son is already eating well. She informed us that she was doubtful at first about the efficacy of the prescribed vitamins since the brand is not popular and expensive. The other parents joined in our conversation and praised Dr. Catherine.

Suddenly, I heard the name of my daughter. The secretary beckoned us to go inside the clinic proper. We said hello and then Dr. Catherine performed an examination on our daughter. The doctor gave her a clean bill of health. I then told Dr. Catherine that we talked about her outside. I added that parents like her because of their children's improved health. She thanked us for our kind comments. She also informed that we shouldn't hesitate to contact us during emergency.

No comments:

Post a Comment